Does the building insurance cover provide the contents insurance for my property?

No, the buildings insurance policy covers the structure of the building and the landlord’s fixtures and fittings mainly within the common parts but these may include the kitchen cupboards and bathroom fixtures within each flat. You should check with your property manager what the policy covers. These may include wooden floor finishes if these are not original to the block. We would always encourage leaseholders to regularly maintain things such as shower seals, hoses on washing machines, etc to prevent claims and disruption to your neighbours.